Saturday, April 27, 2013

May's Birthday


You only have birthdays once a year and as you get older you try to forget how many you’ve celebrated.  They never stop being special though and having one here was wonderful.

On my 27th birthday I woke up here in Nepal to another gloriously beautiful day.  As usual 20 adorably snotty children had to be entertained at the day care.  To hide my rapidly approaching agedness I agreed to dance Gangnam Style with fellow volunteer Lovisa.  I blame her too for the subsequent videos and pictures taken as well.

Later in the afternoon with   I was forced to sit in the corner and turn a blind eye to the frantic and exciting noises of them making me cards.
bunting overhead, made by the kids the night before, I attended Conversation Club.

An amazing cake and a hearty rendition of Happy Birthday later and I can quite confidently say I’ll never forget this birthday.  I also think I’ve never had this many lovingly made cards.
Thanks to everyone who made it special.

Love May 

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: